Self-monitoring blood pressure allows you to use a personal blood pressure monitoring machine to check your blood pressure at home. This can help with early diagnosis of many medical conditions.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
- Local health departments and participating pharmacies can offer the program.
- You can receive a free blood pressure monitoring device while you are in the program.
- We encourage you to monitor your blood pressure at home in the morning and evening, twice each time for accuracy.
- Record your readi1ngs on a piece of paper or log book.
- The health department or pharmacy may recommend a series of follow-up calls or appointments to check your readings.